Should you sell your property during the Christmas season?
Tis the season to be jolly, but is it the season to sell? The holiday season is upon us and the team is feeling very festive, but at this time of year it gives rise to the age old debate; should you keep your property on the market over the festive season, or should you remove it and wait until January?
Estate agents will always tell you to keep it on the market and that the few buyers that are looking in the holiday season are more serious, but here are just a few reasons why it may not be the best idea…
- It simply isn’t convenient to have your house ready for viewings at the drop of a hat. There is so much to do around Christmas, keeping your property in immaculate condition is not always top priority.
- There are fewer buyers looking for properties at this time of year. Who has the time to look for their dream property when they have presents to wrap and are rushing to get those last minute bits and bobs to make Christmas perfect?
- There are a limited number of buyers, which will mean any offers are likely to be a lot lower than asking price. Sellers marketing their properties over the festive period will look desperate and this will mean they will receive cheeky offers.
- Estate agents and solicitors will often have time off during the festive season, so if you do receive an offer in mid-late December it is unlikely that the sale will progress very far until the New Year anyway.
- Christmas decorations can make your property look cluttered and are a very personal choice. We have a very OTT Xmas themed office at the moment, but inflatable snowmen are not to everyone’s taste! Buyers can be put off by too many decorations and they won’t be able to see the true potential your home has to offer.
- Bringing your property to market again in January will mean it shows as a new listing and you will catch the eye of all those buyers who make the resolution to start looking in the New Year. You will have more time to keep your property in a viewing condition and it will be much less stressful, when you aren’t worrying whether you’ve got all the presents ready?!
If you do want to keep marketing your property over the holidays, remember to keep decorations to a minimum and as tasteful as possible. You need your home to look and feel spacious and to appeal to a broad range of people to maximise interest and improve your chance of selling, so don’t give buyers a reason to dislike your property. Use tasteful decorations and lighting effects to make your home more inviting and you may just secure a sale for your property in time for Christmas.
National Homebuyers – We Buy Any House
National Homebuyers are a UK based property buyer who really do buy any house or property! In fact we will buy anything, absolutely anything! Whether it is a house, flat, bungalow or park home we will buy it!
If you are looking for a fast house sale then we are here to help you. Our team of UK property buyers are always on hand to share their expertise with you and help you achieve you aim of selling your house fast in a time scale that suits you and not us. So if you want a sell house fast service then give us a call on 08000 443 911.
Get your no obligation cash offer now by using the Get Offer on the right hand side of this page and take the hassle out of selling your home!